Are you a holistic healer, wellness professional, or nature therapist who has wondered how nature connection shapes children's health?
Do you see children in your practice suffering from screen addiction, too many scheduled activities, and overly structured indoor lives?
Have you noticed a surge in childhood obesity, allergies, and asthma in your local community and are wondering why?
Do you struggle with finding lasting solutions for kids with attention disorders, motor control issues, or sensory processing delays?
Are you curious about how and why time spent in nature can be therapeutic for kids (& adults too!)?
Do you yourself feel more grounded, calm, and at ease in nature?
Do you feel strongly that getting kids outside can help them heal but are confused about how to "prescribe nature"?
If you're wanting to help children reconnect to the natural world and heal from the outside in, then join me for this 6 week online course covering the in's and out's of Nature Deficit Disorder in children. You'll learn about:
- the basics of Nature Deficit Disorder and how to identify it children and families
- the health, societal, and ecological consequences of a disconnect from the natural world
- the top 7 childhood ailments that can benefit from contact with nature
- which elements of nature are most therapeutic and why recommending these to your children and families will change your work
- how and when to prescribe doses of nature to help kids heal
This class is designed for holistic healers, wellness professionals, & therapists (i.e. acupuncturists, chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, holistic physicians and nurses, Ayurveda practitioners, midwives, family therapists, shamans, health coaches, etc.) to get down-to-earth and ready-to-use information that can enhance your view of healing as nature intended.
After taking this course, you'll be able to:
- clearly define and "diagnose" Nature Deficit Disorder in your pediatric patients
- understand the importance of nature-connection to children's physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health
- effectively infuse a "nature as medicine" framework into your holistic practice
- know which health challenges may be most helped by nature prescriptions
- craft holistic treatment plans with a nature-based focus
- help children and families heal from the outside in!
You'll also receive step-by-step templates and clinic handouts for prescribing nature to children!
Plus: you'll get access to a private Nature Prescriptions Facebook group to ask questions, get inspiration, and share ideas with colleagues and peers.
“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” ~Margaret Atwood
This course is right for YOU if you:
- are a holistic healer or wellness professional who believes in "nature as medicine"
- want improved outcomes for your pediatric (& adult) patients
- need better clinical diagnostic skills for detecting nature-based imbalances
- desire more advanced training in nature-based medicine
- want to offer unique value to your patients and community
- desire a clear system for prescribing doses of nature
- want to have confidence and ease when talking to patients about the role of nature connection in helping kids heal
- have a strong connection to the natural world and have been yearning to bring a nature-focus into your practice
- are a nice and friendly person who likes to learn "outside of the box"
This course is NOT right for YOU if you:
- think you already know everything
- don't enjoy online learning
- are not a nature lover at heart
- don't believe in "nature as medicine"
- don't really enjoy working with kids and families
- are not interested in improving your clinical skills and outcomes
- are, in general, not a nice person
Have any questions? Feel free to reach us at: [email protected]
Sean Guinan, L.Ac., is an adult and pediatric acupuncturist with a medical degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the prestigious Five Branches University. He has undertaken advanced clinical training in pediatric & reproductive medicine, and holds a certificate in Environmental Medicine from the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
Sean is also the former Director of the Center for Advanced Acupuncture Pediatrics and excels in the areas of holistic pediatrics, reproductive health and environmental medicine.
A former environmental biologist, he is founder of the Environmental Pediatrics Institute, an online educational hub for medical professionals & families exploring the impact of nature on children’s health. Check him out on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Here's What Folks Have to Say About Learning From Sean: