How to Use Microbes to Heal Newborns, Infants, and Children
Are you confused about the role of microbes in shaping children's health?
Have you ever wondered how the mother's health influences her child in utero, postpartum, and beyond?
Are you curious as to how and why farm children have reduced rates of allergies and asthma?
Do you wonder what all the hubbub is about probiotics?
Join me for this 4 week online class exploring the health impacts of the pediatric microbiome. You'll learn about:
- the delicate nature of the maternal-child microbial connection
- the biggest causes of damage to the infant microbiome
- how the childhood environment shapes the inner ecology of children
- practical & clinically-relevant guidelines in probiotic therapy and microbiome-based medicine
This class is designed for holistic health care practitioners (i.e. acupuncturists, chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, holistic MD's/DO's, Ayurveda practitioners, midwives, etc.) to get down-to-earth and ready-to-use information that can enhance clinical outcomes and improve patient care.
After taking this course, you'll be able to:
- confidently answer questions about probiotic, prebiotic, and synbiotic supplements and their impact on children's health
- concretely define for parents why & how microbial dysbiosis may be contributing to their child's chronic health issues
- what diet, lifestyle, and medication choices have the greatest influence in microbiome disruption and disease prevention
- develop a complete & holistic treatment plan to heal a child's inner ecosystem with more than just probiotic supplementation
Sean Guinan, L.Ac., is an adult and pediatric acupuncturist with a medical degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the prestigious Five Branches University. He has undertaken advanced clinical training in pediatric & reproductive medicine, and holds a certificate in Environmental Medicine from the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
Sean is also the former Director of the Center for Advanced Acupuncture Pediatrics and excels in the areas of holistic pediatrics, reproductive health and environmental medicine.
A former environmental biologist, he is founder of the Environmental Pediatrics Institute, an online educational hub for medical professionals & families exploring the impact of nature on children’s health. Check him out on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.