Environmental Pediatrics Essentials
Learn to Nurture Toxic-Free Kids and Safeguard Children's Health
Are you concerned about the number of environmental contaminants & pollutants that children are exposed to these days?
Do you have parents that ask you which "toxins" they should be concerned about for their kids?
Are some of your pediatric patients particularly "sensitive" to chemicals, additives, and preservatives?
Have you found yourself treating kids with "stubborn" conditions that just don't seem to get better?
Do you find yourself wondering about the impacts of toxic stress & trauma on children's health?
Join me for this 8 week online course for holistic practitioners to get the clinical skills and knowledge you need to identify, treat, and prevent toxicity in children.
You'll learn about:
- the biggest causes and sources of toxic exposure in children today
- how chronic, low levels of toxicity contribute to childhood disease over time
- the core theories behind environmental pediatrics that will shape your clinical perspective
- why children are uniquely vulnerable to external contaminants and what do about it
- how to quickly detect toxicity as a cause of illness in kids
- which approaches actually work to minimize exposure to childhood toxins
- how intrauterine experiences, maternal stress, and trauma impact the expression of disease
- safe & effective holistic treatment strategies for pediatric detoxification
This class is designed for holistic health care practitioners (i.e. acupuncturists, chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, holistic MD's/DO's, Ayurveda practitioners, midwives, etc.) to get down-to-earth and ready-to-use information that can enhance clinical outcomes and improve patient care.
After taking this course, you'll be able to:
- confidently inform patients and parents about the risks of toxicity in their home, school, and play environments
- deeply understand and appreciate the role of the intrauterine environment and early childhood years in the development of childhood disease
- identify tell-tale signs of toxicity in children
- conduct a complete environmental history intake when you suspect toxicity
- develop a toxic prevention plan for families to minimize exposure
- create pediatric detoxification and holistic treatment plans in those children presenting with increased toxic burden
- know who, when, and how to refer out patients affected by acute toxic exposure
Sean Guinan, L.Ac., is an adult and pediatric acupuncturist with a medical degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the prestigious Five Branches University. He has undertaken advanced clinical training in pediatric & reproductive medicine, and holds a certificate in Environmental Medicine from the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
Sean is also the former Director of the Center for Advanced Acupuncture Pediatrics and excels in the areas of holistic pediatrics, reproductive health and environmental medicine.
A former environmental biologist, he is founder of the Environmental Pediatrics Institute, an online educational hub for medical professionals & families exploring the impact of nature on children’s health. Check him out on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.